Monday, September 10, 2007

How to:

1. keep dad from checking over your shoulder to see whether or not you're speeding on the way to Montreal:
Good ol' flopply CD cases.

2. keep dad from freaking out that we didn't book a hotel room before leaving Toronto the day before, and have been turned away from 2 fully booked hotels already by 5pm that day:
Book him into the damn nicest hotel you can find otherwise (Fairmont: Queen Elizabeth).

3. keep mom and dad from nit-picking over each other's driving and parking methods:
Do all the driving yourself and let only Sleeping Brodder sit in the front seat.

4. have the BEST WEEKEND EVER with family on vacation:

Follow steps 1-3.
...

Hehe. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE family vacations because I love the fam (please don't tell them I said that), but certain members of my family have yet to learn how to RELAX and TAKE IT EASY while on vacation--especially when it's on short weekend jaunts like this. After all, though, it was the best weekend EVER.

I really want to write more and more all night, but I'm unfortunately I have to remind myself that I must be a responsible adult and show up at my place of employment (on time) tomorrow for 3 harrowing days of whirlwind working. I can only hope that my web-geeks can bail me out as they so unwittingly did on Friday. :)

No comments: