Monday, May 30, 2005

Van-City in a collage, at best

Vancouver was AWESOME!!! Well, except for the fact that it rained everyday that I was there. Oh wait, it didn't rain on the day I left...that day was beautiful, of course. I should have known--Murphy's Law or something.

Of all the 200+ pictures I took (well, mostly other people took them with MY camera), I have ONE picture of my team on court. And weren't not even playing. Ah well. I think that each of us were more excited about BEING in Vancouver than playing in Vancouver. Probably because we didn't do so hotly at the tournament, but I personally attribute to that to the fact that everyone on the team was either injured or sick by the time we actually started playing. Except for me. I just sucked badly.

Anyway, feel free to take a peek at the pictures--or not--by clicking the wad of them below--or not.






While we were out there, myself and the other girls in my room tried to cram in as much as possible in an attempt to make the most of our over-priced plane tickets out there. Our adventures in brief included shopping, touring downtown, avoiding near-collisions, having amazingly intellectual conversations, eating desserts, sampling the fresh sushi cuisine, crossing suspension bridges, riding ferries, experiencing the nightlife, taking pictures, and of course, playing volleyball.

One night though, I had an extremely blonde moment I would like to share. I was staying in a room with 3 other girls, one of them being a "Melissa." This caused some confusion between the two of us whenever someone else referred to one of us as simply "Mel" because the both of us would end up responding at the same time. Anyway, one night, I was talking to Shmelly on the phone while Melissa was getting ready to go out. She realized I was talking to Shmelly and so she said "Hi, Shmelly." I told Shmelly that "Hey, Melissa says 'hi'," so he said "Hi Mel" and then I said "Hello."

(Did you get all that?)

It took me a good 30 seconds to a minute of amused silence from Shmelly to realize what had happened and to turn to Melissa and tell her (amidst a fit of giggles) that "Oh, MELissa, Shmelly says 'hi' too." For the rest of the weekend, all the girls would have to do was imitate my oblivious "Hello" and all of us would burst into laughter at my expense.

Tons and tons more happened out there, but I'm SOOO tired and have GOT to go to bed so I'll have to write about it some other time (or you could just ask me if you REALLY want to know and I could just TELL you over coffee some time). Just picture this: I arrived home on Monday at 11:30pm, and started working again the next morning at 9:00am. I haven't stopped since. I've either been working or getting ready for the wedding that happened this weekend (during which I got completely SMASHED, but that's another story). Honestly, I haven't slept in past 8:30am ONCE since I've been back. *sob* As far as I'm concerned, I'm still jet-lagging.

That said, time for bed!

No comments: