Thursday, May 05, 2005

Balls, Boos, and boo-boos

Yay! I won't ask how, but when Shmelly went back this past Monday to see if anyone had returned my ball, it was graciously handed over to him by a fellow player. None of us really know where it'd been for the past week, but I'm just thankful that it's found its way back home to me. I now sleep with it under my pillow every night and have decided to attach a string to it so that now when I use it to play, I'll never lose it again. Okay, I haven't done any of those things, but I will admit to having kissed my ball (and Shmelly) upon its return into my possession. *great sigh of relief*

I just realized that also as of this Monday, the Trinity was split up. Squiggly went back to Loo, Boo headed off to NYC, and I, well, I was stuck here trying frantically to book a flight to Vancouver for the May long-weekend. It's kind of sad--no random Literati or rollerblading for a while...

Although Señorita and I still have each other, we've discovered that our schedules just don't work well enough together. As she said at the end of our time earlier today, "I thought four hours would be enough for us to hang out for, but it wasn't." So true. There was still so much for us to do, and although I did some of it on my own after she left (though to no avail since it turned out that he was still dearly committed to his long-time girlfriend of forever ago--*sorry*) it just wasn't satisfying enough. Then again, when is it ever? Speaking of Señorita...

Quote of the Moment
"Oh my god, mom, I'm so PREGNANT!"
    --Señorita mistakingly saying "pregnant" in spanish, instead of "embarrassed"

That was such a good story. In a nutshell, she was on the phone when her mother came by and shouted something fairly insulting to her friend on the other line. Señorita decided to exclaim her humilation out loud to her mother in Spanish, but instead of saying "embarazoso" (embarrassed), she shouted "embarazo" (pregnant), thus resulting in the quote above. That's my girl...

And now onto the rest of my day. I nearly don't know what to do with myself since all of my loved ones are off and away. I was thinking of heading downtown to Queen Street to look at dresses to wear to an upcoming wedding, but I think I'm all shopped out after my afternoon with Señorita. And then I was thinking of going for a rollerblade, but was hoping I'd find some company first. What would be ideal would be an intellectual patio conversation with someone. Something revolving around life, love, and literature. I think I miss school. Wait for me sunshine, I'm coming!

No comments: