Monday, August 16, 2004

Worlds Colliding

Shmelly had free tickets to go see the Jays' game yesterday, but since I couldn't go as I was at the wedding, he ended up going with Squiggly instead. That was cool. When they got there, they got free parking, 50% off their food, and a free slice of pizza--all by the seventh inning when the Jays were ahead, 7-3. That was not cool. I was supposed to go to that game with Shmelly!!! Why were they having such a great time without me?! I suppose it sort of evened out by the eighth inning which was when they left since the Jays let in 8 runs making the score 7-11 for the Orioles.

But still. And wait, it gets worse.

Later, I called Shmelly from the wedding to say hi and discovered that he was STILL out with Squiggly. By then, they were out at Just Desserts having a drink and talking. It wouldn't have been so bad if it had been just the two of them, but no, they were with RoadTo and Wendikiss! And they were having the talk that I was supposed to be having with Squiggly. AND they were having a good time. WITHOUT ME!!!

I couldn't believe it. But wait, there's more.

After their good time at Just Desserts, the four of them decided to rent a movie and head over to Shmelly's to watch. They rented my favourite movie, Love Actually--figures. They probably got all cozy in my spot on the couch too. So, there are the four of them, watching my favourite movie, at my favourite place, with my favourite men, and then by the time I get there, they're all gone except for Shmelly who was passed out anyway. *sigh* Honestly, I'm glad they had a good time, and I'm glad that they all got along so well--there was little doubt about that fact as it was--but I wish that I could've been there too. However, from the sounds of things, there looks to be many more good days like this in the future that I might be able to join in on.
...

On a side note, just before closing, I would like to say that I am cheering for NinaDiva. All the way.

No comments: