Sunday, August 22, 2004

Could Have

Tonight the stars were out. I noticed them as I headed into my house after a long day of moving, working, fundraising, driving, and more moving. There wasn't a moon out, so they stood out and shone that much brighter. I paused on my porch to gaze at them a bit, but the streetlights interfered too much. I was willing to bet that if I could be taken somewhere in the middle of a field without any such light pollution around, I could have seen the arc of the sky tonight--it could have been breathtaking. It could have been a precious moment to share with someone. It could have just been nice. Too bad I don't know, even though I was led to believe I could.

Two and a half hours ago, if I had just stayed home I could have gotten six hours of sleep before work, practice, and more moving. Now I'll only get four. I thought it could have been worth it.

No comments: