Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Reverse Gizoogle

I'm not one to follow politics or give comments on them in general, but this one is a tough one to pass up because the comments keep coming and they're gems.

For those not in the know, our dashing Mayor, Rob Ford, was caught in yet another video this week.  Instead of an alleged crack pipe, it was Jamaican patois:

And then, in the spirit of my previous entry about Gizoogle, someone took the time to transcribe and "translate" what exactly the Mayor said in the video - what I am referring to when I say it's reverse Gizoogle.
The other two are more obscene, what our Jamaican translator called “indecent language.” The first, “raasclat,” is a deeply offensive term that refers to a rag used to wipe one’s buttocks after defecation. As slang lexographer Jonathan Green explained in a 2011 online post, “raas by itself means the buttocks, and by extension the whole person.”
Click here to read the whole article published on the National Post.

And then came the comments:

   "I can't get past 'ya raasclat bumbaclot.' LoL!"

   "Seriously, why he doesn't have a reality show is beyond me. The City should look into this, it'd be an excellent source of revenue.  It could pay for a lot of things, like subways or even gravy trains."

   "I love his defense too: 'It was my own time, that's how talk with my friends on my own time.'"
   "Absolutely.  On our personal time, some of us baby talk with our significant others, some of us use curse words with our friends.  The Mayor, he slips into Jamaican Patois.  Totally legit defense."

Totally.

No comments: