Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Music to my ears

Last night I was washing dishes and cooking - multitasking, as usual.  Macklemore was playing to keep me company.  Coming up to the chorus, a familiar voice joined in softly next to my ear as warm arms slid around my waist. 

And I can't change
even if I tried
even it I wanted to
My love my love my love
You keep me warm
you keep me warm

He hadn't sung to me in so long.  It threw me back to one of our first nights in together.  We lay on the couch, my head tucked into his neck and his arms around me; his fingers trailing lazy lines up and down my back.

The lights were turned down low and the music was up loud, but not too loud that I couldn't hear him singing along with the song.  The words were sung quietly to my ear while the tones hummed straight from his chest into mine. 

I fell for him in that moment, years ago, and I fell a little more in that moment last night too.
...

As a side note.  I can't get enough of Macklemore.  Each of his songs is a story and I love stories.  Some are serious and some are just for fun, but in the end, they're all good stories.

No comments: