Monday, September 24, 2012

Losing my head over losing a head

A little while ago, Malcolm and I had dinner with another couple of friends of ours and at the end of the night when the guys went downstairs to look at gadgets, I had a drool over the wife's library.  We talked books and guilty pleasures and at the end she suggested I give Philippa Gregory a try.  I borrowed The Other Boelyn Girl and was on my way. 

Thank god it's over. 

For the last week or so that I'd had the book in my possession, I had not been able to put it down whenever I had a spare moment - even when I DIDN'T have a spare moment.  And the facts that it was a historical fiction and that I'd seen the movie before reading the book didn't have any effect on my need to read.  If anything, I think it enhanced it.  Because I basically knew what was supposed to happen at one point or another, I was EAGER for it to happen because I wanted to see how or why it happened. 

When are they going to chop her head off?!

In short.  I'm glad that I'm finished with it and can get on with my life...even if it's only on 3 hours of sleep today. 

No comments: