Monday, February 20, 2012

A day off to think

4 years ago, some government official (I think it was Dalton McGuinty, but don't quote me on it because Wiki doesn't confirm it) decided that he'd win by offering us an extra holiday.  So, today, on the 3rd Monday of February, we are lucky enough to celebrate Family Day.  We all get the day off - and subsequently a long weekend - to spend the day with our families...which, to this day, I didn't think I'd actually done.  I mean, I'd had dinner with mom, dad and Brodder on the weekends/days around Family Day, but to go and spend the actual holiday with them, I don't think I've ever done.

Until this afternoon, when a bit of a realization hit me.

Here, in our home in the suburbs, is my new, fledgling family; me, Malcolm, and Moo.

Happy Family Day, from my family to yours.

No comments: