Sunday, March 06, 2011

Wheeling pregnant rumours

A week ago, Roomie BBMed me.

Roomie - Hey, how are you?
Me - not bad, what's up?
Roomie - Nothing much...anything new with you?
Me - Nah, same old.
Roomie - Are you sure?
Me - Yeah...
Roomie - Are you SURE there's nothing else new?
Me - Nothing really. Though Malcolm and I are starting to look for a house.
Roomie - A house with a nursery in it?!
Me - What?!

Apparently someone at the office I used to work with was spreading the rumour that I was pregnant. I thought it was the most hilarious thing I'd heard in a long time. And as ridiculous as it was, and even though there was not an ounce of truth to it, Roomie and I let it make our day.

Roomie - Aw, I'm a little sad that it's not true, but that totally made my morning!
Me - Me too!

Roomie and I kept in touch the rest of the day as she tried to dig up the origins of the rumour and I spread it around a little further.

me - HONEY!
me - Someone's spreading BABY rumours about us! hahahahaha
Malcolm - what?
Malcolm - who?
me - I don't know....Roomie just BBMed me and asked me ..."...what's new??? and when I told her "not much" she said "Are you SURE?!"
me - LoL!
me - she says she was "snooping through yours and Malcolm's Facebook for clues." LOL

It turned out later that Roomie traced the rumour back to the receptionist at the office who, after trying to point the roots to be from one of the other girls in the office, conceded to saying "I guess I just dreamed it or something."

Lame.

But the rampant imaginations of Malcolm and ehbaba (because news of the rumour reached her on the other side of the globe by the time I got home) were definitely NOT lame.

----------
From: ehbaba
To: melody
Subject: rumour


so awesome that someone would bother to make shit up and spread it around

more awesome that your old boss called HS to find out

malcolm and i figured you should tell people you are having siamese/conjoined triplets...that are joined head to toe
malcolm thought the would have to slither to walk
i think doing the worm may be a more effective method to get around

congratulations on your triplet worm

----------
From: melody
To: ehbaba
Subject: Re: rumour


wtf.

Seriously. I have NO idea who would even come up with the notion that I'm pregnant. I know I've gained weight since working there, but no way close to enough to consider a baby-bump. Definitely spare-tire-ish, but not baby-bump-ish.

Apparently it started with Miss Universe, who, after thinking about it longer gave the explanation: "Oh, I guess I dreamt it or something."

But yeah, it totally made my day. I was so exited to tell you about it--but I see news travels fast overseas too!

Thanks for the well-wishes. We were actually going to teach our triplet worm to hold on from end to end and roll like a tire to get around most efficiently. However, realizing that this might take a while to get a hang of, doing the worm might work for the first few years--as long as we don't ask T to teach them how.

----------

From: ehbaba
To: melody
Subject: Re: Re: rumour


O M G

Triplet wheel >>>> Triplet worm!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
can't believe i don't have that video anymore!

----------

The amusement didn't last much more than that first day. By the next day, Friday, everything went pretty much back to normal, and the receptionist has yet to have another wild dream of sorts to share. However, Malcolm and I did share a little about it since the rumour brought it up.

me - That'd have been awesome though, wouldn't it?
Malcolm - yeah, that would be awesome :D

No comments: