Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hold on

There are a bunch of service call centres that I have to call on a fairly regular basis for information.

One of them has a never ending loop of a song that sounds kind of like...the background music to a 19th century set movie that doesn't have any words--the song nor the actors. You can just picture the protagonist strolling down the street with his top hat and cane, pausing every so often to pick a flower or to inspect the display in a window before straightening to continue his stroll down the busy street by the river in...Paris. :)

Another automated system has a girl on it who sounds airly like Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter movies. Every time I call in I giggle to myself because I can just picture Luna picking up the phone and recording herself on it.

One other one annoys me because it has hold music that sounds ALMOST like "Amazing Grace"...but isn't. It's a cheap rip-off and for some reason, annoys me to no end. Why couldn't they just get it right?!
...

And I just got off the phone with a nice little old lady who reminded me that it was going to get cold tonight and to: "bundle up to someone nice and stay warm."

I will, little old lady, I will.

No comments: