Thursday, December 30, 2010

Language break

Alright, I just finished a load of filing...something that I've been avoiding for MONTHS. So much so that I had to hire Hand-Me-Downs for 2 days to try to make a dent. :( However, having HMD around the office for 2 days, then having good wine again with her over the holidays was really something special. It's like we bonded.

But she still didn't get me anything for Christmas.

Then again, I hadn't paid her yet for helping me at the office. Even.
...

I wish I could take a screen shot of my BB. My WeatherEye app is telling me it's raining triangles of glass. Watch out.
...

Mom, in the presence of our cousin's 1 and 4 year old kids, after dropping the cordless phone in a sink full of water:

    "Shit!"
    "Goo-goo! Watch your language!"
    "Well what the heck would YOU say?"
    "'Oopsie-daisy!'"

No you wouldn't. No one would say that.

And then, like mother, like daughter. Doing some Christmas shopping at Chapters with Crazy Malcolm, I came across a hardcover copy of Dr. Seuss's The Grinch who Stole Christmas. I immediately wanted it for my new found little love and flipped it over to see the more-than-I-expected (but totally-worth-it) price.

    "Fuckers!"

Seeing as the book I was exclaiming over was a children's book, that put me in the children's section. Surrounded by...children. Malcolm elbowed me hard and gave me the "watch what you're saying--there are children around here" look. I sheepishly hid behind the book cover and mumbled the correction to myself.

    "I mean, fudgesicles."

No comments: