Thursday, October 29, 2009

Yellow Car

Ah, the memories...


...

Coming across this comic catapulted me back to my days in high school. My friends (my boos) were an incredibly tightly-knit group and had no qualms about getting up close and personal with each other. The game of those days was indeed punch-buggy. If you saw a VW Beetle, you called it out, and you punched--punch-backs were always assumed disallowed whether you called it or not. If you saw an OLD VW Beetle, that was worth 2 punches. But then came Yellow Car.

I suppose we all got a little bored with the consequences of Beetle sightings and the weak punches that followed. So then we categorized another car to throw into the mix. Yellow cars weren't all that popular on the roads back then, so that was the type of car we chose. The reward for sighting one first? Getting to absolutely inappropriately attempt to grope those slower to notice.

Now, I can't actually recall how many people were actually successful at these groping attempts, but I can tell you that it caused quite an uproar of giggles and a flurry of evasive maneuvers. If winning was about who had the most ridiculousness out of it, we all won.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember those punch buggy days. I remember being silly with my high school friends. The things we cared about and laughed about were different then, simpler. I look at my friends now. I wonder where some went. Why did some stay and some go. Did their lives take them in different directions? Did they get too busy or was it something I did. For some reason I never stop thinking of them as my friends. Even though months, sometimes years pass until we speak again. I never stop loving, never stop feeling, never stop being their friend. No matter where we go, or what we do, those I once loved I will always love. No matter what. I wonder if my friends know that about me? Do they know how deeply I care? Do they care at all?