Monday, March 09, 2009

By hand

Flowers, letters, sparkles...whatever happened to those? Eye contact, gentle caresses, seduction, inhalations, and spontaneity...have I missed the memo on those too? Love songs, chocolates, surprises wrapped with ribbons. Perhaps I should just give up.

Dear ---,
    You were a very good wooer. And then, for whatever reason, you forgot how to do what you were good at. I'm sorry. For both of us.

...

"Words calculated to catch everyone may catch no one."
    --Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Good thing I'm no good at math.
...

"Love is the difficult realization that something other than oneself is real."
    --Iris Murdoch

Let me know when you figure that out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give up? Perhaps you should.

melody said...

Maybe I should...

...but I'm stubborn like that. Maybe not stubborn, maybe ridiculously optimistic.