Friday, June 15, 2007

Perpetual movement

I feel like I haven't stopped going in years. As my previously posted schedule indicated, of all of the days in the week, I have Tuesday, and Tuesday alone, off from sports. Not posted was my full-time job and my every-night commitment of help to direct the volleyball club for this year.

I. Am. So. Tired.

But I love it. I love playing and I love doing and I love being involved. As exhausted as I am, I think I'm more likely to wimp out on work (don't tell!) than I am to wimp out on sports or my club. I can't begin to tell you how much I look forward to Tuesday nights to unwind via a leisurely stroll or a complete veg-out-with-phones-turned-off in front of the tv.

And all of these scheduled events don't include joining in on the unscheduled social events that take place throughout the week either. For example, last night, we celebrated a friend's birthday at the local bar. Most nights after practice, there's some food eating to be done en masse. Beers to be had after work but before practice. Clubs to be danced at, tournaments to be played. Sometimes I ask myself, why don't you just say 'no' to some of these things and either get some work done, or get some rest? The answer is that I just can't.

I might MISS something.

Heaven forbid. I'll sleep when I'm...no longer capable of performing normal functionality.
...

Quote of the Moment:

"Don't poke those [love handles]! Those are my fat reserves for in case I ever get skinny!"
    --Moi, being overly comfortable at work

If I go to sleep now, I will be sleeping 20 minutes earlier than I have been doing all week!

No comments: