Friday, December 15, 2006

And here it is...

...the Chirstmas rant.

It's a balmy, sunshining Spring day outside. It'd almost be perfect--except for the fact that it's Winter (okay, Fall if you insist on waiting for the equinox later this week). It's supposed to be blustery, snowing, and frickin' COLD with Chirstmas being only 10 days away...but it's not.

Sure, I've saved about 10 minutes this year so far by not yet having to remove my heavy duty winter coat from its plastic shrink-wrapped hibernation, but I WANT it to be cold and all--it's just not Christmas without all the winter fixin's.

Despite the 24 hour Christmas radio stations, despite the 24 hours glow of city and neighbourhood Christmas decorations, and despite Wal-Mart's accomdating 24 hour shopping availability over the next week and a half (I know! Are they NUTS?), I just don't feel it. I've started my shopping, but I honestly don't feel the rush to finish it. I've booked the dinners, but they just seem like run-of-the-mill pot-lucks rather than the joyful Christmas gatherings they are. I'm just not feeling the Christmas spirit I usually OD on at this time of year.

My Christmas tree isn't even up yet.

:(

No comments: