Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Well somebody's blind

And if they're not blind, then they're most certainly deaf.

Driving home right now, I was flipping through the radio stations when I heard a song that made my jaw drop. It was Paris Hilton's "Stars are Blind."

(I'm not sure that I put the quotes in the right place there...I want them to be around "Paris Hilton", implying that we all know that that song isn't really hers.)

Anyway, it wasn't her song that made my jaw drop...

(because that had happened long ago when I first heard that Paris had "recorded" anything at all)

...it was that her song was being played on FLOW 93.5FM. That's right. FLOW. FLOW?! Flow is supposed to be "Toronto's HipHop and RNB" and here they are playing Paris. Paris of all people! I mean c'mon!

JT has his beats. X-tina's got her soul. Nelly's got booty (pronounced "boo-TAY"). But Paris?! I'm confounded. I'm being stupid, I know. But I just can't get my head around it!!!
...

In other news: first volleyball tournament of the season. Here's confounding: we played, we won a trophy, and yet I'm no where close to being overly enthused. How can you play fair, and yet play to win with SEVENTEEN girls on the roster? Last I checked, we were still playing sixes. All that aside though, I still love my team.
Go Tigers!

No comments: