Friday, February 17, 2006

We Never Change

I want to live life, and never be cruel
I want to live life, and be good to you
I want to fly, and never come down
And live my life, and have friends around

    --Coldplay, "We Never Change"

A simple enough credo, yet surprisingly or not, it's hard to live by sometimes.

Sometimes you can't help but be cruel. Most of the times you are cruel, you don't mean to be, but once in a while, the situation dictates that you have to be--eat or be eaten, as they say.

Sometimes you can't be good to another. Due to a bad mood, a difficult scenario, or perhaps a wrong done to you, you just can't be good to a certain person and you can't help it. You do have to look out for yourself, first and foremost in life, right?

If one day I could fly, no, I would never come down.

Sometimes you can't have friends around. Sure, your friends can't all be with you at all times of the day, but at some time you may find that it seems you'll have not a friend in the world. I could be that they dhave a family to look after, or a personal dream to follow, or maybe just an unexplained absense--there are a million reasons, but once in a while, there will be moments when your friends may not be around.

I've been having a few of those moments recently.
(I miss you guys horribly. Luhyoo, Nuff, 1334)

I want to live where the sun comes out.

No comments: