Sunday, October 02, 2005

There is no "I" in volleyball either

*sigh* This fact was only so true today. I mean, I like my team, I really do, but when we have no setter, we've all got to pull together and make up for our one weakness. And by "all", I mean, myself AND everyone else on the team. But alas, apparently if we're going to have one weakness, we're going to have many more as well.

If I served the ball, no one would go up for the block. If I passed the ball, no one would put the ball over. If I set the ball, no one would go for the hit. If I hit the ball, no one could get their next serve in. However, if dug the ball, EVERYONE could stand around and watch.

Alright, it wasn't THAT bad. But it sure felt like it. Especially with one game having a score of 6-25 and 13-25. Sad, sad day for our team.

And I'm not even one to get down on my team members, especially not with this team that everyone has to step up to a position they don't usually play, but all we had to do was PASS the ball ONCE, and we couldn't even do that. argh.

That's all. I'm sure I'll feel better after Wednesday when I get to bash some balls over with an actual setter to set me.

1 comment:

VDH said...

Want a hero cookie?