Sunday, September 11, 2005

Show me the Scarecrow!

Standing out on the patio today, I was talking to some customers when suddenly I let out one gimongous sneeze. In response to my hugely gimongous sneeze, someone entering the restaurant yelled out an equally gimongous "bless you," after which I returned with an similar "thank you" and then continued talking to my customer. My customer interrupted me mid-sentence though.

Customer - "You know Cuba Gooding Jr. just blessed you, right?"

Whaaaa?

Yup. Although for a good 3 minutes I stood there arguing with this guy that he was trying to pull my leg, when I walked into the restaurant a few moments later, there he was: Cuba Gooding Jr.

Unfortunately I didn't get to serve him, but he seemed to be a nice enough guy. When I later passed him and thanked him again for the "bless you," he gave me a friendly "no problem" sort of wink in return, and throughout the whole time he and his posse (I think there were 8 of them in total) were brunching with us, he kept laughing his amazingly LOUD laugh that resonated through the restaurant. I thought that was great.

My other "whaaaaa?" moment came earlier in the day when I was rushing towards the bar and breezed by this familiar face. I'm usually really bad with celebrity sightings--usually the other servers have to TELL me when I've just had a brush with fame--but this time, I was like, well, "Whaaaa?"

Me - "Was that just..."
Gimmy - "Yup."
Me - "Cooooool..."

Cillian Murphy is actually kinda short off of the big screen. He's probably only about my height (5'6") if not a little shorter. But he looks just as creepy in real life as he does in the movies. Anyway, he was just leaving from his meal so I didn't get to actually interact with him. Ah well. More updates on the celeb sightings during this year's TIFF as they happen--as I'm sure they will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG CUBA!!!!! i'm so jealous!