Friday, July 10, 2009

Afternoon quote browsing

I write quotes up on my windows at work. I was looking for some new stuff to put up, and came across a bunch that weren't quite right for my window, but were definitely asking for comment from me on my blog...
...

"And when he is out of sight, quickly also is he out of mind."
    --Thomas à Kempis (1380 - 1471), Imitation of Christ

Oh so many girls I know--and guys too--need to learn this. Stop the stalking on FB. And then if he is out of sight but somehow remains on mind, THEN perhaps you can take the time to consider why he isn't around anymore.
...

"Don’t blog what you don’t own."
    --Lisa Williams, Bloggers In Love, SXSW 2006

Or else give credit where credit is due. But actually, I read this as being "Don't post shit up that you either don't want others to see, or that you can't defend." I don't do either. Read away all, read away. I like writing stuff when you enjoy yourself, and I still like writing stuff, even if you don't.
...

"I have lost friends, some by death...others through sheer inability to cross the street."
    --Virginia Woolf (1882 - 1941), The Waves (1931)

I think I can think of two who never learned to just look both ways. But then, as above, I don't tend to do things out of spite or malice. My real friends will always come back, as I will not hesitate to chase after the good ones I might stand to lose.
...

It's been Friday ALL day.

1 comment:

US-EH? said...

Confucius says that man who goes to bed with itchy bum wakes up with smelly fingers...