Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A New Adage?

"A watched inbox never fills."

I mean, really, who watches pots anymore? It's all about the microwave or the delivery boy now, isn't it?

I'm sitting here checking and re-checking my email accounts as if I'm waiting for something to happen. Nothing's happening, nor am I really expecting anything to, but I don't really have anything else to do at work.

For all those in the know, I don't think this sweatshop thing is going to pan out for me. It's different, but I haven't learned anything. I thought it'd be a great experience, but so far all I've experienced is that sometimes some people will have a hard time letting go of something, no matter how much they try to convince themselves they're ready to let it go.

I LOooooooOOooooOoOOooooOooooOVE dealing with people, but here I don't really get to. The delivery guys must think I'm easy because I try to talk to them as long as possible when they're around--they're the closest thing I have to real customers throughout the day. I mean, sure I have actual clients and stuff, but I mostly just get to take orders from them and really, no matter how hard I may try, nothing ever pleases them.

So, back to the job market it is for me soon. That or back to school. Nobody ever thinks it, but I know I'll be happy to go back to school--ah, the good ol' days. I was thinking of opening my own business of a sort, but there's a lot of planning yet before that idea (and it's only an idea) can come to fruition--tell you more about it after I knead a plan out a little better.

Until then, back to my sweating.

1 comment:

mimmers said...

Hi Mel!
I just tagged you so now you have to write a blog about the 6 weirdest things about you...