Thursday, May 04, 2006

All's well in Bizarro world

Yeah, but what about here on Earth?

The other day, I was at work about to leave and I decided to quickly change into my new peasant shirt in the office rather than walking into the bathroom to do it. So I throw it on over my head and leave. What do I notice AFTER I've walked all the way to the bank and then onto the crowded subways? My new shirt's on BACKWARDS. AND it's noticeable too--there's this looser, ruffly part that was supposed to be for my boobs to be in, and they were so obviously NOT in it. What a dork.

But at least if I was in Bizarro World, this might have been okay. Too bad I WASN'T!

Oh, and get this, later on that day, one of my many volleyball teams (yay, BRICKHOUSE!) went ahead and won the finals for our league (not so bizarre). So, as league champions, we went out to the sponsoring bar to collect our prizes and to celebrate. At the end of our night, one of my teammates was walking around with my volleyball when a, ahem, larger female approached him and knocked the ball out of his hands and refused to give it back. In an attempt to discourage her, he told her the ball wasn't his to lose, but mine.

At that point, she--aMANda--made her way over to where I was sitting and proceeded to bully ME about getting my ball back from her. When I saw her approaching and holding my prized possession, I honestly feared for my life and well-being as well as for the fact that I just might've been losing my ball to a stranger that night.

"Is this your ball?"
I nod.
"Want it back?"
I nod again.
"Well you'll have to play me for it...some one-on-one volleyball outside right now. You and me."
I shook my head.
"Why not? You guys won, right? You should be good. C'mon."
I shook my head again.
"Alright, fine then, I'll trade you for it for these t-shirts and this cash then."
She picked up Sherman's t-shirt winnings and the rest of my team's pitch-in for the bill. Everyone at the table just sat awkwardly slient. It was so odd...

Finally aMANda got distracted in buying someone some drinks and left for a moment in which Brickhouse himself leaned over and whispered to the rest of us:
&nbps   "I think she's a thespian!"
We also used that moment to call for the bill and to put all the rest of our belongings--because when she walked away, she left the ball, the shirts, and the money--out of reach. She did come back after a while, but eventually we managed to all leave the bar with all our stuff and relatively unscathed.
    "Yeah, gee, that wasn't awkward."

I'm typically homo-friendly if not homo-enthusiastic, but all the thespians I've met up until then were NOT like THAT. Talk about Bizarre!

Team Brickhouse, the Outtahand Mixed League Champions!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is because you've only been exposed to my thespians, and my thespians are damn friendly! :D

-Boo