Thursday, March 09, 2006

Telephone Tide-ings



Listening:
Craig David - The Story Goes


...

*I dial my mother's line at work*
Ma - Hello?
Me - Hey. What, you don't recognize the house number?
Ma - Why?
Me - Well, when I called from work yesterday and you recognized the number, you gave me such an enthusiastic greeting, not just "hello".
Ma - So what do you want? "Yo"?
Me - No, it's just that...
Ma - Alright; yo.
Me - ...I was just noticing...
Ma - Yo!
Me - ...that you answer differently when...
Ma - Yo, wassup?!
Me - ...alright, just say "Doobie" and get it out of your system already!!!
Ma - Yo! Doobie!
Me - There, do you feel better now?
Ma - Do you?
Me - Whatever, that's not even why I called. Do we have anymore Tide?
Ma - No. Just use the liquid Tide.
Me - Okay. That's it. I'm going now.
Ma - To smoke a doobie?
Me - No. But maybe that's what you've been doing. Bye.
Ma - Bye.
...

Mom finds the word "doobie" absolutely hilarious ever since G and I taught her what it refered to. Then again, "doobie" is just a funny sounding word in general.

1 comment:

Bar said...

That was good.. I can picture that conversation happening.