Monday, January 03, 2005

BTW, Happy New Year!

I was out with Boo tonight, attempting to get a head-start on readings for this new term, and boy did I do a LOT of reading. Of course, none of it was for any of my classes. I managed to come across a copy of The DaVinci Code and curious, I decided to read the Prologue...and then the first chapter...and then the second chapter...and then a few more chapters after that. I think I was up to about the twelveth or thirteenth chapter when Boo finally managed to pull me away to take me home. I'm addicted. I nearly stole the copy from Boo's Boo's brother in order to continue reading tonight. The two of them combined nearly had to wrench the book from my clutches. I now understand the craze.

I was JUST at Chapters today (buying the book for my class that I'm supposedly going to get ahead in) and now I wish I could go back and pick up my own copy. Tomorrow I AM heading out to the mall, but due to my tight budget as a starving student, I'm not sure that I can too easily fork over the $$$ for the hardcover drug novel. Why couldn't it be Christmas again?

No comments: