Friday, February 12, 2016

Weirdly appreciated

I can be a little goofy sometimes. Sometimes my brain acts in really fast, random ways. I think this makes me a really good brainstormer, but I'll admit that sometimes the things it comes up with can be downright weird.

And yet.

It's me. That's just me and how I think and work. Sometimes these ideas will just tumble out of control and suddenly from just thinking something, I'm suddenly doing something and acting on my random ideas and being the type of person I am, I really like to see these things through right away and as fast as possible...I hate when I come up with an idea to surprise someone because I can't wait to do it. And unfortunately, I apparently like surprising people.

My brother went along with a surprise party for our parents where we hosted a dance, bought drinks and catered for 50 people with zero experience.

A large number of Malcolm's friends sent me, practically a stranger at the time, pictures of themselves wishing Malcolm a happy birthday because I didn't want him to feel homesick or lonely on his birthday.

My workplace let me build a fireplace display in the office for Christmas; photoshop, disseminate for signatures, and deliver ridiculous Valentine's Day cards; and run pot lucks and Oscar betting pools on the regular.

My parents let me travel on a whim, all the time, with people they'd barely heard of.

Malcolm lets me host gatherings at our place with little notice, but big guest lists and long itineraries.

For all of that (and likely a lot more I'm not thinking of), I just want to say "thanks." Thank you all you spectacularly supportive people for letting me be me and going along with my crazy ideas. For not telling me I'm crazy and that I should just get back to work. For not telling me my ideas are impossible or that it can't be done. For making me just as pleased to do these things as the person on the receiving ends might be.

I am weird and you're wonderful. You make my life better.

No comments: