Saturday, April 29, 2006

While crashin' at Koda's

My first night out while at Koda's was for a bachelorette party for the Tiger herself; the soon to be MRS. Lee. The two-part party was first spent at a dancing lesson...
         
...and then we headed out for fun and food and more dancing...
         
I actually came home fairly early that night--I didn't want Sophie to think I'd abandoned her...or pee on the floor. It was all good though--truth be told, I think all the giggling from our earlier lessons really tired most of us out.

The other night that I was out for a while, I also came home early--at about 6pm--to make sure that Sophie got to get out, but I was totally SMASHED while out for her walk...it was awesome. A couple co-workers and I had gone over to the bar next door and gotten a little out of hand playing NTN for shots. But like I said, I managed to wobble back to Koda's and take Sophie out. I don't remember much, but I vaguely recall going for a longer walk than usual, and another dog named Rex--but a friendly dog because he was 11 years old. I can only wonder what his owners thought of me and my condition. Especially since I know I was hiccupping the whole time.

After our extra-long walk, Sophie and I went home and I passed out on the couch in front of the TV with the forbidden satellite channels on ("how'd those get there?") and when I say passed out, I mean I was beyond unconscious. I think I actually had my phone IN my hand when I crashed and despite its amazing volume and vibrating capabilities I STILL managed to miss 5 concerned phone calls from Sherman. He was so concerned about my being drunk and not picking up the phone (he knew I was drunk because you know, when you're drunk you like to make those drunken phone calls...) that he raced down to Koda's after volleyball armed with Alphaghetti and instant Udon to rescue me. It wasn't until my phone was ringing and Koda's buzzer was buzzing that I groggily awoke from my inebriated stupor to let Sherman in. What at night. The next morning, me, Poohed (LoL), and Mikeo rolled into work SO hungover--my fingers were tingling!--and compared our nights. The best story was Poohed's:
I somehow got home AND cut my hair. And while I had the hair-buzzer in my hand, I found myself wondering what I'd look like if I shaved my armpits. So I shaved one, decided I didn't like it, left the other, and passed out playing video games."
@_:@ Damn you NTN Buzztime trivia! Damn you and your addictive connection to drinking!


...

Click here to return to the rest of my adventures away from home.